The Rose of Denmark Lodge, No. 975 in the Grand Lodge of England was consecrated
on 11th. September 1863, at the White Hart Hotel, situated on the banks of river
Thames, in Barnes, Surrey. The ceremony was performed by the Earl of Zetland the
Most Worshipful Grand Master.
The Rose of Denmark Lodge on the 21st. of February 1941 started to convene its meetings
at the Grand Lodge, Freemasons Hall, Great Queen Street(Pictured) and on 21st. of
February 1947 it officially moved there and has remained to this day.
As a dining lodge, The Rose of Denmark meets four times per year. Lodge dress is
Dark Morning Dress, White Collar, Black Tie.
A dinner, with wives, partners and friends is held in early January of every year.
The Lodge prides itself on its quality of ritual, the lack of unnecessary formality
at its festive boards (including over long speeches) and, in general, aims for a
“good night out.” Regular visits are undertaken in support of other Lodges, in the
city as well as the provinces.
Active Lodge members regularly attend meetings and ceremonies at the Grand Lodge
as well as the Metropolitan Lodge and other events throughout the Masonic year.